Who says you can only have ham for the holidays? Winn-Dixie had a sale on them last week and I grabbed one up. I got the ham for $1.25/LB. That is better than the price during the holiday season. Since I don’t want my oven heating up the house for several hours, I decided to cook it in the crockpot. This slow cooker sweet honey ham recipe is a nice recipe to come home to after a day of play!
Slow Cooker Sweet Honey Ham
The ham comes out perfectly moist and delicious! It comes out so moist that it is easier to shred than it is to slice. Since it is not the big family dinner, I have a lot leftover to make other meals. My favorite meal though with leftover ham is homemade macaroni and cheese with ham pieces in it.
- 1 Ham Butt or Shank Portion (I prefer Butt) 3-4 pounds
- 1 3/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place ham down in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Score the ham by carving criss-cross on the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the cider, brown sugar, mustard and honey; pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- Remove ham and keep warm.
After the ham is done, I took the juice and made a delicious sweet gravy. My husband loves my gravy and thinks it is better than his mom’s. I take that as a major compliment!