Do you remember when you were little and loved helping out in the kitchen, especially during the holidays? One of my favorite memories is watching my parents make Christmas fudge. I remember all the love and time it took to make that wonderful candy treat. I love fudge but don’t have the patience for traditional fudge making. This incredibly easy Peanut Butter Fudge is my modern day solution for a yummy treat!
My husband loves this recipe all year round, not just during the holidays. It is super quick too! It tastes like you spent all day in front a hot stove making it.
The ingredients are super simple. For sandwiches, I always choose a particular name brand peanut butter but for baking generic is fine for me. You will also need butter. This recipe will taste pretty awful if you choose margarine. I used pure vanilla, but imitation will work just fine too.
This recipe is all made in the microwave. You can make this on the stove-top as well. Just make sure you melt the butters to a little boil before adding the sugar.
The mixture will be very hot.
When spreading out the fudge in the pan I use a spatula to make the fudge pretty and smooth on top. Sometimes I just let it be though and enjoy the simplicity of a homemade dessert with lumps and bumps!
Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 1 cup butter, plus a little more for greasing pan
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave for 2 minutes more for a total of 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture with a wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8x8 inch pan lined with wax paper.
- Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool.
- Cut into 1 in" pieces and store into air tight container for up to a week.